What Are Porcelain Fillings?
Porcelain fillings are indirect restorations that restore a tooth cavity and retain the remaining tooth structure. They are white and blend in with the natural shade of your teeth. There are two main types of porcelain fillings in Manteca, CA, which include:
- Inlays: These porcelain restorations restore the central part of your tooth that does not involve the cusps. They are smaller in size and are ideal for cavities that cannot benefit from composite fillings.
- Onlays: If tooth decay involves the cusps of your teeth, we can restore them with porcelain onlays. They are sturdier and can withstand strong chewing forces. We can recreate the lost tooth anatomy with onlays to improve your smile and oral functions.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Porcelain is among the most widely used dental materials because it has a striking resemblance to natural teeth. Our Manteca, CA, dentists use porcelain fillings for restorative and cosmetic purposes because it offers many benefits, including:
- They blend in with your natural teeth and do not stand out, unlike metal fillings.
- They have high resilience. You can bite and chew comfortably with them without the risk of breakage.
- This technique is more conservative than dental crowns because it does not require enamel removal.
- By sealing the cavities, inlays and onlays protect your teeth from further damage.
- These fillings can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
Getting Porcelain Fillings in Manteca, CA
The dental technicians will design a custom filling according to the given instructions. Once we receive the prepared restoration, we will call you for a second visit. After testing its fit, we will bond it permanently with the tooth structure.