Modern vs. Conventional Dental X-rays
Thanks to the advancements in dentistry, it is now easier to record X-rays using modern devices. These digital devices are lightweight and occupy much less space in a clinic. They emit 90% less radiation than conventional X-rays, making them safe for both children and adults.
Our Manteca, CA, dentists use digital dental X-rays for diagnostic and treatment measures as they provide precise results. They yield high-quality images within seconds that can be viewed easily by both patient and the dentist to understand their dental issues.
Uses of Dental X-rays in Manteca, CA
- Assessing tooth decay and determining its extent
- Evaluating the space available for the eruption of permanent teeth
- Determining the causes of irregular eruption patterns of the teeth
- Revealing pulp or root-related infections
- Monitoring gums and jawbone, especially in case of periodontal disease
- Evaluating bone loss or other bone-related diseases
- Planning orthodontic treatments, root canals, or oral surgeries
- Diagnosing impacted teeth, dental abscesses, oral tumors, and other anomalies
What To Expect From The Process?
First, we will place a small sensor in your mouth next to the defective teeth. Our team member will press a button to record the images. Within a few seconds, the scanned images will show up on the computer screen. Our dentists will pinpoint the areas of concern on the X-ray. This also helps you to understand your oral health better and make the right decisions for maintaining it.