Learn The Benefits of Dental Implants
Many of our patients in Manteca, CA, consider dental implants because they provide a long-term replacement for missing teeth. They offer many benefits, which include:
- They anchor firmly in the jawbone and have excellent retention compared to removable dentures.
- They replace missing or damaged teeth to reform your smile.
- They restore the look and feel of your natural teeth.
- They fill in the missing space and correct bite alignment.
- They improve oral functions, providing ease during biting, chewing, and speaking.
- If you are missing multiple teeth, they can be used to support bridges or dentures.
- They support and enhance facial muscles.
- They prevent bone loss and retain natural, healthy bone.
Eligibility for Dental Implants in Manteca, CA
The ideal requirement for dental implant placement is sufficient jawbone. Because implants are drilled into the jawbone, they need enough bone thickness to support them. If your bone is thin or you have suffered from bone loss, we may recommend a bone grafting procedure to enhance treatment success.
Understanding The Process
During the surgery, we will drill into the jawbone to make room for the placement of a titanium metal post. It replaces the root portion of the tooth and fuses with the surrounding bone to provide support.
The surgery follows a healing period of 3 to 6 months. Once the implant post has successfully integrated with the jawbone, we will connect it with an abutment and a dental crown to restore your healthy, attractive smile.