Why Are Composite Fillings Used?
- Cavities in teeth/ tooth decay
- Chipped teeth
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Small-sized teeth
- Minor gaps between teeth
- Closing the opening of root-canal-treated tooth/teeth
- Replacement of old silver fillings
Benefits of Composite Restorations
- They resemble your natural teeth and blend seamlessly to give natural-looking results.
- They are highly durable and can tolerate strong chewing forces.
- These fillings restore the functions of your teeth.
- The technique is non-invasive and does not require the removal of healthy enamel.
- They provide an insulative barrier, reducing the risk of thermal sensitivity.
- They seal and protect the remaining tooth structure.
- The process is quick, simple, and more affordable than other cosmetic dental treatments.
Preparing For Composite Fillings in Manteca, CA
We will then remove the decayed or damaged enamel and smoothen the edges of the defective tooth. This follows tooth preparation which involves the application of an etchant and dental adhesive. They promote the bonding between the tooth surface and composite resin.
Our dentist will carefully repair your teeth with the desired shade of composite resin. Once it’s done, we will harden the resin with a special curing light.